Gingered Short Ribs
- 1.5kg beef short ribs (bone in)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Man Crushed Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Man Crushed Garlic
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups uncooked brown rice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp freshly minced cilantro
- 2 Tbsp pickled jalapenos, chopped
- 1 Tsp grated lime or lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
Place the carrots and onions into a slow cooker. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper and place on top of the vegetables. In a small bowl, whisk together the stock, sherry, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, ginger and garlic and pour over the meat.
Cook, covered, on low heat for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Just before serving, cook rice and stir in green onions, cilantro, jalapenos and lime zest.
Place ribs and rice on a serving plate and keep warm.
Skim fat off the cooking juices, pour juices into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. In a small bowl, mix corn starch with a little water until smooth. Stir into cooking juices and boil for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Pour over the ribs and rice.